Infoglue has been around for quite some time. During that time we have had a great deal of real world challanges which means we now have quite an extensive list of features. In fact - listing them straight up would be hard as that would be to detailed and trying to group/summarize them would be misguiding in some cases.
Just for the sake of it we have made a small list with the key features (sanity level for a high end WCMS) so you know it's safe to go forward with the evaluation. If you need to know how we match your requirement spec please contact us and we'll se if we can help out.
- Completely browser based - no plugins required. Supported and tested browsers are IE 8 (IE 6 might even work), Firefox 20+, Chrome 20+.
- Dynamic pages through a WYSIWYG page editor where the layout of a page (not just the test) and the components on it can be composed by non technicians. No more static templates!!
- Refactoring/rebranding your website is taken to a higher level through great operations for just that.
- Continous delivery - you can deploy business logic and new UX-components without redeploys.
- Extremely flexible security system with pluggable architecture. Support for Singe Sign-On through CAS or custom modules. Rights and user management through either InfoGlue's own user database or through Active directory or other LDAP-systems. Supports Users, Roles and Groups concept.
- All information as well as all pages can be tagged with metadata and categories. New metadata, taxonomies and new data types can be defined easily in the tools. This enables categorisation of pages and content.
- Any language are supported both on public sites as well as inside the administrative interfaces. This means that no limits are set on which languages a site can represent information in.
- Support for multiple sites in one setup and the solution can scale both horizontally and vertically.
- Clean separation of site structure and content encourage reusing of functionality, assets and text. Multiple sites can share content/navigation as well as common GUI components.
- Integration is supported in several ways and has more out of the box-solutions than most CMS:s.
- Handles all binary and text-formats. Binary files are handled as digital assets that are uploaded and text can be edited directly in the cms.
- Full extranet functionality with support for personal settings both on roles, groups and users.
- Menus can be created in multiple ways. We support simple references, ordered collections and list sorted on meta-attributes. This enables the designers of the site you build to have complete freedom of the layout.
- Time controlled publishing and expiring of both pages and contents
- A flexible and proven publishing flow. Also possible to add custom workflows.
- Versioning of both content and structure.
- Multiple users can work on the site at the same time.
- Fine grained access control on all contents and pages so the organisation can distribute responsibilities throughout the organisation in a safe way.
- Templates, which control the site layout, are stored as contents and are therefore developed and deployed inside the system, which makes development faster, and maintenance easier.
- Personalization is possible for extranet solutions.
- All content are stored as XML and are based on an XML-Schema, which means import, and export to other systems is easier.
- Uses the great CKEditor 4.x and integrates it well enough so you can control each aspect of the editor on each field individually. The use of it also makes our great inline editing feature possible and natural for the editor.
- Template developers have a large library of ready made JSP-tags which makes template writing extremely fast. All tags optimized and well documented.
- The platform is based entirely on other open source modules and should support any JDBC-2 compliant database including MySQL, SQLServer, Oracle and DB2. We have installations today on all of those.
- Very good performance from the start and the system scales well as multiple machines can be set up to scale with the number of users.
- Maintenance and backups can be made during runtime. As everything is stored in the database including binary content, backups are easily made and the system is easily transferred.
- Search and indexing is supported through other modules like the Apache Lucene engine.
- A caching mechanism makes the performance very good on site-level for ordinary pages. The mechanism is turned of for dynamic pages like external applications.
- Inheritance of pages and information makes site development and maintenance easier.
- Export / Import of whole sites between installations makes moving and archiving easy.
comments powered by Disqus